jeffrey campbell “tardy” platforms, on solestruck
as you may have noticed, i have a year-round obsession with shorts. never satisfied with my current collection, i thought i’d share a few that are on my wishlist.
top to bottom: topshop; topshop; stone cold fox, available at freepeople.com; alice + olivia, available at net-a-porter.com; one teaspoon; topshop
a. wang f/w 2011 via style.com
one of the most exciting parts of going on a trip to me is always shopping, even more so when i’m headed somewhere that’s well-known for having amazing places to shop. so with my trip to san francisco coming up, i decided i need someplace to start, a kind of loosely-planned wishlist to keep me on track when i’m faced with streets lined with adorable boutiques and unbelievable thrift store finds.
1. simple summer dress. yes, i have lots of dresses but i tend to fall out of love with them shortly after wearing. found this one at planet blue.
2. statement necklace. i only have a couple necklaces that i truly love, and they are large and in charge. san fran seems like the perfect place to find some sort of outrageous neck piece. this one (far out of my price range, unfortunately) is by mania mania.
3. neutral colored lightweight blouse. yes, this is a very generic description, but realistically, if i had 7+ of these, each in various neutral colors, i would wear one every day of the week. i have a couple but haven’t bought a new one in a while. this super-pale pink one is from acne.
4. sensible summer footwear. although as i’ve mentioned (many times), i’d love to splurge on some outrageous sky-high wedges, i really REALLY need more basics. looking for some boot-like gladiator sandals (left, found on freepeople.com), or some short light-colored booties (right, acne pistol boots which i posted a few days ago).
5. silk printed jacket. okay, this one is a little more specific, but totally possible in a city full of vintage finds. a piece like this could spice up my summer uniform…i.e. shorts and tank…quite a bit. found this one at nastygal.com
wish me luck!
a high-quality, super versatile pair of boots are totally worth saving up for. i’m thinking all summer, all winter here. i need these so badly!!
acne ‘pistol’ boots, available at oaknyc.com
i guess this means i need to hurry and post a part 2, or this might not make any sense. in any case, while in new york city last fall, my sister introduced me to sabon and i went home with their vanilla coconut body scrub (top picture). you can use it in the shower up to 2 times a week to scrub away all those dead skin cells. it makes your skin feel unbelievably silky and perfectly moisturized. i love the smell of the vanilla coconut…next on the list to try are the lemon mint and lavender apple!
order sabon’s body scrub HERE!
so i’ve always been a little blazer obsessed. once i find one i love i will wear it to shreds, and this might be my latest victim. get it at mikkat market.
get them HERE.
jeffrey campbell “ford” platforms, buy them at nastygal.com. i would wear these until my feet fell off. time to start saving…
most wanted: orange pants and a bright orange bag. i’m on the lookout.
from the top: via stylesightings; ego and greed flatforms on solestruck.com; yigal azrouel and celine f/w 2011 runways; via streetfsn; muse #23 via fashiongonerogue; via stockholmstreetstyle; miu miu and proenza schouler f/w 2011 runways.
so i’ve been considering not buying/wearing and non-heeled sandals this summer. these “corset” babies at free people just changed my mind for good. get them HERE.
get them HERE
imagining i’m in california, where i could conceivably wear this in february. also thinking about chopping the sleeves off my faux fur coat for spring. until then, a girl can dream…
haute hippie vest; mulberry bag; 3.1 phillip lim silk blouse; maniamania double-finger ring; theysken’s theory shorts; giuseppe zanotti platform sandals